Friday, July 11, 2008

I Wah Wah Wonder Where Wendy Has Been....

Welcome to the wonderful world of Wendy Mink....based in Tribeca surrounded by an obviously fantastic team of jewelry artisans, Wendy's collections come to life. Inspired by her early appreciation for Victorian jewels, flea market finds and an ever growing personal collection, her source of inspiration hits close to home. I am infatuated with organic, easy going vibe that her work evokes...The bracelet above may take the cake in my eyes for my fav...I think the sharp contrast between the turquoise, agate and crystals is soothing. Despite the bulk of the dangling semi precious stones, the open 22k gold vermeil chain is a great companion for these gems...yet another ironic combination that is beautiful...coming in a very close second place for my affection are the vintage yellow resin drop earrings...All in all, I think I could easily sport any of Mink's creations and be a happy chic.